Pages

Thursday, September 2, 2010

Chace Crawford is a rebel in GQ mag











Chace Crawford became famous with the teen series "Gossip Girl". In his new film, the 25-year-old Texan in now playhing the bad boy next to hip-hopper 50 Cent

GQ: Mr. Crawford, until now we have a good impression of you: picture-book childhood, spotless career, always a neat appearance. And now you suddnely show us another side. Is there a small rebel in you?

Chace Crawford: I can understand that the perception of my person is reduced with this clean surface. In a way is true. But of course there's some resistance in every person. With me, it is only in such a way that I don't turn it up so often. At most if I listen Eddie Vedder song, "Start the revolution!"

GQ: Were you once part of a youth movement? Punk or Rock would have fitted you.

Chace Crawford: Punk? Rock? Me? I heard classic rock as a teenager. No, the only movement that existed in my youth was the Internet and mobile waves. I was totally involved in that movement though.

GQ: Chace Crawford, classic rocker and internet fan. The girl's hearts must have flown to you.

Chace Crawford: Oh well.

GQ: How did you look at that time?

Chace Crawford: Not that bad. The worst phase was over. In the elementary school my mother always made me use crazily brief cuto-off jeans. I suffered from it. But at least I learned quite early that there's no reason for men to wear shorts.

GQ: What are the greatest style mistakes?

Chace Crawford: I think it's cruel if you try to develop an eccentric side and yet to celebtate it. A man who wants to be very fashionable is above all embarrassing. I'm a friend of the subtle.

GQ: What is it that you can't see no more?

Chace Crawford: Asikde from ultra-short shorts the Bad Taste classic would have to be: socks in sandals. Then you must also know that I come from Lubbock, a small town in northwest Texas. And a thing you will often see in the area, are head-to-toe denim outfits. Who wears denim shirts with jeans, it should bring an appropiate setting. Or at least a good figure.

GQ: Texas is not considered the epicenter of fashion.

Chace Crawford: Exactly. At most it's considered one for football. Fashion is definitely not as important.

GQ: Are you interested in clothes?

Chace Crawford: Sure. However, in the American film industry it comes together, you should at least have a little notion of it. It is almost a condition for an actor - with women is probably even more. I constatntly have to sell me somehwere. And of course this always happens with fashion.

GQ: So you see it more as a job?

Chace Crawford: No, no. I actually enjoy carrying a perfectly fitting suit. Because I just feel better in good clothes. Which I only know since I'm interested in cuts and styles.

GQ: So we'll never see you as a cowboy?

Chace Crawford: Yes, this is very unlikely. Most of my boots have gone many years ago. But who knows, I kept a few, maybe they'll make a comeback again.

GQ: Who are your style heroes?

Chace Crawford: I have always been a big fan of Paul Newman's "Cool Hand Luke" from the late 60s is probably one of the best films of all times. But I admire Newman not because he was especially stylish in any way, but because he simply had - style, yes. That is the paradox: some who was never interested in clothes and now is a fashion icon. Admirably. The same goes for Steve McQueen.

GQ: And what conclusion you got from this morning when you were standing in front of the closet?

Chace Crawford: I have no certain rules, but rely entirely on my taste. I don't have a stylist like many other Hollywood actors do. If I'm not sure with certain clothes, then I question myself: Does it fit really really well? Is it decent enough? Or do I strike too much?

GQ: With which brands do you end up then?

Chace Crawford: With many different ones. Levi's, John Varvatos - and over and over again with some vintage things.

GQ: Do you have a favorite part?

Chace Crawford: Yes. An unspectacular button-down shirt from Ralph Lauren RRL. In red, it's really checkered, but it feels as if it had been washed a thousand times, so you no longer see the pattern. I wear it at least once a week.

GQ: A favorite fragrance?

Chace Crawford: None. I don't use. Only deodorant.

GQ: Any favorite designer?

Chace Crawford: If I had to choose, Dolce and Gabbana. At least when it comes to suits or dinner jackets. Their stuff fits me perfectly.

GQ: Now we must say it: The tattoos from our photoshoot are only painted on. However, do you have real tattoos?

Chace Crawford: None. But I liked the painted ones. I've been thinking of what motives to get tattoed if I ever manage to make up my mind whether or not to get one. But now a days there are good reasons not get tattoed. For example, I'm pretty sure that I wouldn't stop after one tattoo. I'd get addicted.

GQ: In addition to the question is this is still rebellious?

Chace Crawford: Absolutely, tattoos no longer have the same effect that in our parents or grandparents generation. Sure.

GQ: In your new film "Twelve" you play a drug dealer. In "Gossip Girl" we know you as well-behaved lad.

Chace Crawford: Oh, those are two different worlds. In "Gosip Girl" it's about a glorified representation of the everday life of privileged private school students. "Twelve" is much darker. And the person I portray, is also very tough. Of course, it has been fun to me to put some expectations over my head.

GQ: And now we will no longer see you on the side of flatly ironed girls, but from 50 Cent.

Chace Crawford: The nice soap star, and the brutal gangsta rapper? Yes, yes. A supposition that it would be extremely close to potentional conflict. Which of course it wasn't. We got along just fine, I couldn't think of a better colleague. 50 Cent is a special person. And incredibly intelligent when it comes to career planning.

GQ: Since then you only hear New York Gangsta rap from the new millenniim on your iPod.

Chace Crawford: I have to disappoint you. As guitar music remains above all. The Black Keys, The White Stripes, The Racounteurs. Even Van Halen, Red Hot Chili Peppers and Guns N' Roses.

Another article

CHACE Crawford is struggling to get laid!

The actor apparently spent hours Sunday night trying to get a sexy waitress at GoldBar to notice him — but he failed miserably!

“It was pretty funny,” a source told New York Post gossip column Page Six.

“He was like a schoolboy looking to give the teacher an apple.”

The Gossip Girl hunk has previously revealed he’d happily hit the internet to find himself a girlfriend.

“I was chatting to a friend about speed-dating and [Jewish dating site] JDate.com — and I’m not even Jewish,” he said earlier this year.

“I have a bunch of different accounts that no one even knows about.”