Pages

Saturday, July 31, 2010

Tom Welling Says 'Smallville' Superman Suit 'Looks Good,'



With the tenth and final season of "Smallville" coming this fall, one of the main questions on the minds of the fans is whether Tom Welling's Clark Kent will finally step up and become Superman. And according to Welling, it will finally happen.

"Yeah, that's the plan," Welling told The Flickcast, when asked if he would become Superman this season. "I don't know how they're going to do it, but I know that inevitably, that's where we get to."

"[The Superman costume] looks good," added Welling. "I wasn't there when they shot it on set. I was actually on another stage shooting something else. But I know what it looks like."

Welling also offered his thoughts on wearing the Superman suit both for himself and his character.

"I think it's a huge responsibility for Clark and for me," explained Welling. "And hopefully, we can get to a place where the fans feel as though we did everything that we could. We serviced the character the way that will make them all happy."

Regarding long-standing rumors that he could play Superman on the big screen, Welling replied, "I've always been open to the idea. It's not as simple as everyone would like to think."

"It's not as simple as me wanting to do it or not wanting to do it," he explained. "I know that a lot of people want to jump on me or jump on Warner Brothers. It's just not that simple. So there's a lot of elements that have to come together."