Pages

Friday, July 9, 2010

CHRIS Evans is having a hard time handling his shield!



The Hollywood hunk is playing Captain America in a new movie take on the comic book tale but not all is going to plan.

“The hardest part is the shield,” says Chris of his character’s famous star-spangled accessory.

“We’ve been testing a lot of shields to find one with the right look but the one we have is pretty heavy.

“I’m not sure I can throw it that far! Hopefully they’ll have some sort of stunt shield when it comes to actually chucking it!”

Evans recently admitted he spent “a couple of weeks” deciding whether he wanted to play Captain America.

“It was a couple of weeks of weighing up all the options,” he said earlier this year. “There was certainly a period where I was shying away from the movie."

“It’s intimidating. It’s pretty daunting. There’s certainly a life-changing role there and that was part of the process. Did I want to take this on?

“I like supporting roles, I like the way my life is now and I have the best of both worlds. This would potentially change that. But you know what? This could be a good thing.”